The Community Development Department is responsible for issues related to land use and development.
Construction Permits, Contractor Registration , Property Resale, and Rental Registration and be applied for and paid for online at the Lansdowne Permit Portal.
Are you looking for:
Information for Businesses
The Community Development Department:
- administers the Borough's codes and standards set for in the Borough Code;
- reviews development proposals;
- implements Borough policies related to economic development, historic preservation and land use;
- enforces the building codes, issues permits and conducts inspections of all phases of construction to ensure that building and fire regulations are met to protect safety, health and welfare of residents;
- implements the rental registration and inspection program for all rental properties in the Borough;
The Department also serves as the liason for the Planning Commission, the Historical Architectural Review Board (HARB),and the Economic Development Committee.
Collectively, the Borough’s Planning Commission, Historic Architecture Review Board, Redevelopment Authority and Zoning Hearing Board shape development and redevelopment projects in the Borough. These entities work under the guidance of the Borough zoning code to encourage development that protects and enhances the aesthetic character of the community.
- Historic Architecture Review Board
- Planning Commission
- Redevelopment Authority
- Zoning Hearing Board
Delaware County Planning and Development
- Delaware County Planning Commission
- Delaware County Conservation District