Yard Waste Program
Curbside yard waste collection is a service provided by the Borough.
This service is an not an alternative to regular trash or recycling services.
Yard waste will not be collected if it is placed out on collection days that are not designated yard waste days. Please refer to your magnet calendar for specified days.
Yard waste includes clippings (including grass), branches, brush, etc.,
The yard waste collection service insures that organic waste is treated as such and taken to a composting site rather than into a landfill.
Other details of the service includes:
- Leave at the curb
- Place yard debris directly in trash cans or large brown paper yard waste bags sold at hardware and grocery stores
- Branches and sticks must be no more than four feet long and should be bundled together and tied with string
- No plastic bags, please
- No dirt or stones
- Program runs all year round once or twice per month on Wednesdays. ( see magnet for dates that are circled.)
- Yard waste must be out to your curb by 7 am on the scheduled pickup date
- In the Fall, do not place leaves in with yard waste – utilize the borough’s curb-side Leaf Collection program
Schedule for 2012:
- January 25th
- February 15th
- March 7th, 21st
- April 11th, 18th
- May 2nd, 16th
- June 6th, 20th
- July 11th, 25th
- August 8th, 22nd
- September 12th, 26th
- October 10th, 24th
- November 28th
- December 12th
Yard waste pick-up dates are marked on the Lansdowne Borough Recycling Magnets that are available to all residents.