Twentieth Century Club
Located at 84 South Lansdowne Avenue, the Twentieth Century Club is used for many Recreation Department events, classes and activities, as well as borough and community events.
The building was built in 1911 by and for the ladies of the Twentieth Century Club, a small group of women whose objective was to create an organized center of thought and action among women, for the protection of their interests and for the promotion of science, literature and art. In its heyday the club had 500 members. When the costs of maintaining the building proved to be a hardship for the membership, the clubhouse was deeded to the Borough in 1979. It now serves as a community center and is rented for social gatherings.