Public Safety Committee
March 10, 2010
Minutes of the January Meeting were approved. There was no meeting in February due to inclement weather.
Ms. Surla of Marshall Rd. commented on faded street signs and concerns about Keep Lansdowne Beautiful Day
Continuing to work with Senator Williams, Rep. Micozzie, and Rep. Sestak on obtaining funding for fire and police needs
- Pennwood lab drain fixed, all old chemicals removed. Still having problems with wash station. C02 are being priced for a hardwire system.
- Movie Theater evacuation plan reviewed for upcoming special event
- Discussion of proposed Life Safety Code
- Recognition of Heroic Officers at Next televised meeting
- Siren warranty and replacement issues discussed.
- Lansdowne Lot signs replaced
- Continuing to work with Rep Micozzie for police need funding
- Homeless Census went well.
- Parking meter certification and replacement issues
- Neighborhood Watch Newsletter and Website Contact discussed.
- Review of Neighborhood Watch Event with Gladstone Civ Ass’n reviewed
- Traffic Advisory Committee discussed – rejected, but objective to be adopted as Public Safety Committee Protocols
- Discussion of proposed Food-based Home-based business inspection ordinance – being referred to full council for further discussion.
- Snow Emergency Plan reviewed – Decided that Streets Dept needs Hydrant map to avoid plow-ins. F.D. to provide to Borough Manager to be implemented into existing plan. Next year calls for citizens assistance to keep hydrants clear.
- Discussions of Civil Service Commission Candidate Process – decision to defer on recommendations pending interview of candidates