Public Safety Committee
July 14, 2010
Michael Schleigh, Chair
Members of the Buddhist Temple Community came and spoke about improved traffic conditions in Nyaack/Union avenue due to increased enforcement and Watch Children Signs. Committee will continue to monitor to see if additional responses are necessary. Discussion of team-up with Neighborhood Watch Program and Buddhist Temple to Neighborhood Training for National Night Out event. Advised Temple Members that Police Dept willing to offer security training similar to that provided to area businesses.
- Increased enforcement of Traffic laws in South Lansdowne
- Increased awareness of force as to enforcing quality of life ordinances in relation to calls about potential problem properties and need to build administrative record of enforcement for repeated disturbances.
- Traffic paint scheduled for August 2010.
- Peco will replace Belmont Park Lighting pole, but we need to remove tree first.
- Car Seat check at Farmers Market Event July 31 confirmed.
- Masonic Child identification program rescheduled (date TBA) due to lack of volunteers
- Discussed additional preparation for National Night Out Programming
- Need to determine whether contractors being hired for intersection painting on major roads or if work is being done in-house
- Need to remove fallen tree from Belmont Park.