Economic Development & Code Enforcement Meeting Minutes
February 16, 2010
Attendees: Stephen Wagner, Barbara Silzle, Ellen Lustgarten, John Gould, Mike Jozwiak
- Guest: Judge Profetti
- Discussed processes of managing codes cases
- Guest: 130 & 132 Bartram Buyer
- Kurt Jackson, Jake Howard, Michael Maupin visited and expressed an interest in developing these properties.
- Asking for Borough to donate 132 Bartram Ave to them in order to demo 130 and build a set of twins
- Will look into whether there are liens on the property
- Downtown East Neighborhood Meeting Agenda Review
- Reviewed draft presentation for 2/24 meeting
- Review Active Codes Case Property Report
- Reviewed report
- Discussion of Contractor Registration Fees & Loss of Revenue to State
- Determined that Quality Assurance is now lower as a result of the state takeover of contractor registration.
- Determined that this also is a loss of revenue for the codes department, shifting an even greater burden to the tax payer
- Will announce this finding at General Meeting and encourage residents to lobby legislatures to repeal
- B&B Ordinance
- Discussed ordinance and need Solicitor Scott to weigh in on how trash fees would be assessed
- Will move forward with integrating this to the Zoning Code as a special exception
- RDA Membership Update – Will vote on Tony Campuzano at 2/17 Meeting 35 & 37 N. Wycombe Discussion (fire-damaged vacant lots caddy corner from Sycamore park) update
- Mr. Gould informed us that neither property owner has expressed an interest in selling or developing.
- Fire Marshall Code Item
- Act 45 at the state had adopted portions of the ICC fire code. Our current Fire Marshall wants to enforce NFP101. There is no mandate or precendence to enforce NFP101. Discussion continues between codes, fire department and Public Safety on what fire code will officially adopted.
- Placement of new utility meters on sides of property
- Determined that there is no way to dictate to public utility where they place their meters.