Tree Advisory Board
August 12, 2009
Present: Mary Lou Jennings, Helen Marcarelli, Joe Parsio, Elsie Mueller, Jack Kelly, Park & Recreation Board Liaison, Don Verlenden , guest.
Absent: Terry Ponton
Treasury Report: The Balance in the budget is $1,257.91.
- Shade Tree Commission Ordinance. This is still being reviewed by the Environmental Committee.
- Fall Planting: A second group of approximately 60-80 trees for the Baltimore Avenue Corridor will include East Lansdowne and Upper Darby. Tentative date of planting is Saturday, November 21, 2009.
- Dying Tree: The tree that was planted in front of Lansdowne Hearing Aid Business looks as if it is dying. Owner does not want a tree (feels it hides his sign). Options are: tree could be replaced, concrete replaced or a smaller tree or shrub could be planted. It was decided not to replace the concrete, but to plant a small tree or shrub.
- Treegator Bags: The Borough has been filling the bags with water when there is no rain.
- Sea Grant Program: Andrew Brazington of Sea Grant program of Penn Wood High School was contracted about a project in Reservoir Park, under the guidance of Bob Bartmann.
- Arts Festival: The Festival will take place September 11-13. Permission will be asked to set up a table with information and sign up sheets for volunteers for the Baltimore Avenue Corridor fall planting.
- Tree Vitalize Fall: 2009 Bare Root sale of 10-50 trees costing $25 is available. A list of names of residents that did not get trees in the last giveaway will be contacted. A notice for new names of residents wanting trees will be printed in the Borough fall newsletter.
- Compliment: A compliment was received on Jeri Staiber’s email on the beauty of the trees on Baltimore Avenue by a person who rides the Route 109 bus through Lansdowne.
Next meeting: September 9, 2009
Meeting adjourned at 8:15 pm