Human Relations Commission Minutes
September 16, 2010
Joan Reivich, Chairperson, Fran Wayne, Vice-Chair, Dale Cranmer, Secretary, Pamela Whitney, Paul Manns
- Meeting called to order at 6:30 PM by the Chair.
- Motion to accept minutes from the August meeting was unanimously accepted.
- Beginning 2011, our meetings will ask to move our meetings to Tuesday evenings at 6:30 PM, 4th Tuesday of the month. Second choice is the 4th Wednesday of the month.
- Clergy Meeting-Nancy Holt-Timothy cannot meet with us until after September 20. Joan will meet with the Clergy Group on October 13 to discuss Immigrant issues and outreach in our community, pending confirmation of this date.
- Riding with the Police on patrol-we will follow up next month after their vacations are over.
- Public Safety Meeting-check Borough Web Site for next meeting if you are interested in going.
- Library Project-we will pursue getting use of a display case after the first of the year.
- The Neighbor’s Club-we were invited to speak on Tuesday, September 28 at 9 PM.
- Community Day-our outreach on Community Day went well. We had about 50 contacts during the 4 hours.
- Bookmarks-Fran will begin the investigation into producing these for LHRC; Pam will begin evaluating the design.
Motion to adjourn at 7 :15 PM