Human Relations Commission
October 15, 2009
Joan Reivich-Chairperson, Fran Wayne-Vice-Chair, Paul Manns, Dale Cranmer-Secretary, Pamela Whitney, Don Verlenden
- Meeting called to order at 6:30 PM by the Chair.
- Minutes from the September meeting were approved.
- Meeting in December will be canceled; the Chair will notify the Borough Manager.
- Meeting schedule for calendar year 2010 was discussed and approved. Meetings will continue on a monthly schedule, 3rd Thursday of the month at 6:30 PM. There will be no meeting in July or December.
- Discussion of November 13 Movie Event; “Guess Who’s Coming to Dinner”
a) Traci at the library was able to get only one book on the booklist created by Ms Whitney. Traci will attempt to create another booklist based on the books available in the Lansdowne library.
b) Ms Reivich will send URL’s for related organizations to be included in the booklist
c) Movie DVD-the library and Ms Reivich will secure a copy of the DVD
d) Ms Reivich will facilitate a discussion after the movie presentation
e) Ronnie from the library will open the event with a brief welcome
f) Mr. Verlenden will ask to place a banner and materials for No Place for Hate
g) We will also provider materials for the LHRC
h) Ms Wayne will introduce the Lansdowne Human Relations Commission
i) Library Display Cases-Traci will gather the books and DVD’s. Ms Reivich will add one book from Rick Steeves. Ms Wayne and Mr. Verlenden will organize the library display case. Ms Whitney will supply the movie poster.
j) Refreshments-Ms Reivich will bring cookies, cider, cups and napkins. Mr. Verlenden will supply the popcorn and water. Remember to bring receipts for reimbursement. Ms Wayne will bring large bowls.
k) Set up-Library staff will set up the room and the AV equipment. Please arrive by 6:15, the event is scheduled for 7 PM. All will enter the library through the side door by the parking lot.
- No Place for Hate WebSite, Current Event
- Library Flyer Posting
- Lansdowne Leader Article by Ms Reivich
- Farmer’s Market-Ms Reivich will make copies of the Flyer for distribution
- Lansdowne Newsletter-Email
- October 24 Community Day-Flyers
- 20th Century Club-Flyers
m) Ms Whitney will secure an electronic copy of the flyer and will edit and redistribute for review. Ms Wayne will make some color copies and Ms Reivich will post around the borough.