Human Relations Commission
November 19, 2009
Joan Reivich, Chairperson, Fran Wayne,Vice-Chair, Dale Cranmer, Secretary, Paul Manns , Pamela Whitney
- Meeting called to order at 6:30 PM by the chair.
- Motion to approve the minutes from the October, 2009 meeting were approved.
- Complaint received from Michael Carcel, Plumstead Avenue.
- Complaint was reviewed and deemed complete. The Chair will deliver it to the Borough Manager within 30 days from November 5, 2009. The respondent will have 30 days to reply.
- Once the response is received, a meeting of the Commission will be scheduled by the Chair if necessary.
- LHRC received information regarding threats received by a seminarian in the community related to a rainbow flag posted at a local church. Police have been notified. We referred them to Hate Crime reporting procedures. We will follow up as needed.
- Borough Newsletter-a small summary of HRC material will be sent for publication.
- Suggestion to have a regional meeting with local commissions to share ideas and experiences. Ms Reivich will contact the regional office to see if they can organize this meeting.
- Summary of November 13 Movie Event-attendance was lower than expected but everyone enjoyed the movie. The post discussion was lively and interesting.
- Meeting adjourned at 8 PM.