Human Relations Commission Minutes
November 18, 2010
Joan Reivich, Chairperson, Fran Wayne, Vice-Chair, Dale Cranmer, Secretary, Pamela Whitney, Paul Manns
- Meeting called to order at 6:30 PM by the Chair.
- Motion to accept minutes from October meeting was unanimously accepted.
- The Chair would like to thank Pamela for taking the October minutes during the absence of the Secretary.
- Fran will take her Police ride along on December 1, Paul will schedule for January.
- Pam and Fran will continue their work on the LHRC bookmark.
- Dale & Pam will begin discussions with Tracy Boyle regarding the GSA at the local high schools; Joan will make the initial contact to get more details and confirm their interest in the LHRC’s participation.
- Joan met with the Lansdowne ministirium and discussed Hate Crimes [reporting, prevalence] and outreach to Immigrants. Pam will contact Sr Fellin to determine what her needs for assistance might be.
- PRIME-ECR-Dale will contact Janet Henshaw Thomas to see what the :HRC might be able to do to assist her organization. Try and gather some information on the types of clients they serve and the discrimination issues they face. Will our brochures be appropriate?
- Alleged Hate Crime in Lansdowne- Rev Nancy sent Joan an email reporting a stabbing and suggested it might be a Hate Crime. Joan talked to the alleged victim and directed him to the appropriate resources. Joan will follow up to see if his case is moving along.
- Lansdowne Borough Newsletter- Pam will write an article discussing the LHRC services, current activities, and Immigration efforts.
- Neighbor Watch meeting-November 27 at 1-3 PM at the Buddhist Church. Fran will let Joan know if she can attend.
- December meeting will be canceled; Next meeting is January 25 at 6:30 PM. In the meantime, if you meet with anyone regarding Immigration issues, please send your summary to the group.
- Motion to adjourn at 7:54 PM